7.02.2013

2013 ALA Chicago

On Sunday I got the chance to visit the exhibition hall at ALA Chicago with a group of coworkers.  It was a long but adventurous (and rewarding!) day!  We all came home with our bags packed full of books and I can't wait to dig in!  Here's the pile of books I came home with:
Some highlights included seeing Jon Klassen in person, signing books (I totally snuck a photo because the line was at least three miles long and I didn't have any cash on hand for a book!), having Kevin Henkes sign a copy of his new novel for me, & meeting Jarrett Krosoczka author of the Lunch Lady series!  I love the combination of new up & coming authors and literary "superstars" that you see at huge conferences like this - it makes for a really exciting day!  Gosh, I think I could sit down and do nothing but read for an entire week....

My goal is to be able to actually attend the conference for a few days the next time it's hosted in Chicago - the last time it was at ALA I was in my first year of library school and this time I've got almost 3 years of librarian experience under my belt!  It's crazy what a difference just a few years can make...

No comments:

Post a Comment