6.25.2013

Summer Reading 2013 / DIY 3D Garden Bulletin Board



Excuse me for getting sucked into summer reading land for awhile, there!  I'm back with a little DIY project you can use for a bulletin board, book display or any other fun space that needs a perk up for the summer.










To go along with the summer theme, I made up a garden scene with underground layers of dirt and soil visible.  Each week in story time, a different type of burrowing animal is featured so after story time each week I'm adding the animal to our bulletin board. (So far it's just rabbits & badgers!)  For an extra pop, I make up 3D butterflies, dragonflies, flowers and carrots to add to the board.  They're so easy to make and are pretty cute (if I say so myself) so I thought I'd share some easy instructions to make your own.  Just follow the photos below!

Butterflies, 


carrots, 

dragonflies, 

and flowers!  Once you have all your pieces finished, just staple 'em up on your bulletin board!  It's really hard to get a good photo of the bulletin board in my library since it's not by any windows, so here are a couple closer photos of how I used these pieces: 


Happy bulletin board making!

No comments:

Post a Comment