7.08.2014

Read & Play: Five Senses

My latest Fizz, Boom, Read story time focused on our five senses:





























Read:
My Five Senses by Margaret Miller
Rain by Manya Stojic
Senses on the Farm by Shelley Rotner
Hello Ocean by Pam Munoz Ryan

Sing:
Jump Up Turn Around by Jim Gill (along with our usual opening/closing songs posted here)

Play:
I was inspired by this tissue box science idea from PreKinders - I didn't have tissue boxes on hand so I just used paper lunch bags instead.  I put small pipe cleaners, beads, pom poms, and bottle caps in each bag with a label to flip up and see what was in the bag if they couldn't guess what it was by feel.  The families seemed to enjoy it - we had lots of people stick around and hang out after story time this week so it was nice to have an easy activity for them to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment