9.17.2013

Book Review / Journey by Aaron Becker

I love illustrations, so it's not surprising that wordless books are some of my favorite kinds of picture books!  I just wish I could use them in story time!  This new wordless picture book, Journey by Aaron Becker has become one of my favorites:
































When a bored and lonely young girl discovers a piece of magical red chalk in her bedroom, she finds herself escaping her dreary world on an unexpected journey. Along the way she encounters amazing places and people, and some prove to be more dangerous than others. The girl is not alone in this imaginative world however, and meets a valuable new friend along the way.

Aaron Becker's illustrations are beautifully detailed line drawings that literally sweep the reader along on this little girl's journey. You feel as if you could step right through the pages into the worlds that Becker has created with rich colors and intricate details. The story created through these illustrations has a cinematic & suspenseful quality that will keep readers eagerly turning the pages. Journey by Aaron Becker is a must-buy for any library!  If you're interested in some of my other wordless favorites, check out my Goodreads shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment