7.29.2014

Read & Play: Robots

My last Fizz, Boom, Read summer story time was all about robots!  I found so many fun robot stories and activities for kids just out of the usual story time age range that I might have to do a family robot program in the fall or in the new year.  But here's what worked for my family story time:

Read: 

Sing: 
Follow the Band by Jim Gill (he's been my go-to summer musician lately...) along with our usual opening & closing songs

Play: 
This awesome, FREE printable Roll-a-Robot game from Kim of 733 was our post-story time activity.  I actually printed out 2 copies of the game so a few more families/kids could play at once.  I also printed off this fun robot coloring sheet from Dabbles and Babbles for kids to work on while they were waiting for a turn or if they were too young to understand the game.  

No comments:

Post a Comment