2.08.2014

Story Time Fun / Favorite "Singable" Picture Books

Last month, I posted about using "singable" books in story time and today I want to share some of my favorite titles to use.  Some of these were new to me for story time use, and some are old favorites:





























top row:
If You're Happy and You Know It by Jane Cabrera - any of her books are done deals for me as far as story time goes; they're bright, colorful and use nice rhythmic patterns.
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star by Jerry Pinkney
Old Macdonald Had a Farm by Jane Cabrera

bottom row:
Pete the Cat: Wheels on the Bus by James Dean
The Itsy Bitsy Spider by Lorianne Siomades

These are all great titles to use for story time; the verses are familiar enough that kids can sing along and it's easy to skip any extra verses added by the authors if you need to shorten things up a bit with your group of kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment