10.29.2013

Round Up / Slightly Scary Picture Books

I'm sharing some of my favorite Halloween-ish picture books with you this week! For Halloween, my library hosts a "slightly haunted" story time for preschoolers, perfect for someone who hates pretty much all horror & scary stories or movies!  These are perfect for young readers looking to enjoy the fall season and trick or treating:


















Ghosts in the House by Kazuno Kohara
Ollie's Halloween by Olivier Dunrea
Mystery Vine by Cathryn Falwell
If You're a Monster and You Know It by Rebecca & Ed Emberley
Pumpkin Trouble by Jan Thomas
Vampirina Ballerina by Anne Marie Pace
Zombelina by Kristyn Crow
Click Clack, Boo! by Doreen Cronin
Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds

I never celebrated Halloween very much growing up, but since this is the only holiday the library is actually open, I'm more than willing to share some great books with my patrons for the occasion!  If you'd like recommendations for older readers, check out my slightly scarier reads book shelf on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment